Saturday, May 7, 2011

Nightlife in a luxury hotel

First post - yay.

Cant believe, its already my 5th year working in hotel receptions. In this business, one gets to see so much bling, drama, awkwardness, money, blood and tears that after a while, you become immune to pretty much everything life has to throw on you.
I'm starting yet another nightshift right now - saturday evening. Best outcome, is that I'll walk home in the morning pockets full of cash and self morale trampled to pieces, just to have my 6 hours of sleep to do this everything again. Worst outcome - noone is out partying tonight, noone hasn't got any problems to bother me with, and I'll get to spend the night peacefully with a side of n+1 cappucinos and online poker.

Will see, but right now I'm saying - bring it on!

9 comments:

  1. Jesus, interesting line of work

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my dream to be a hotel receptionist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool story dude. living the dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like something a few good stories can be derived from. Hope to hear further.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wondered what the people who work at hotels think as customers walk by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't sound like you particularly enjoy your job, but you've stuck with it for 5 years?

    ReplyDelete
  7. After a while youre immune to pretty much everything you say? Where do I sign up? =P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I want to work this summer so maybe i will get a similar job. Hope it won't have so much....action as yours though =).

    ReplyDelete